I’m feeling huge these days, and for good reason! While I am running out of clothes that fit comfortably, I am also reminded of the beauty and blessing of it all. Just last year at this time I was mourning the loss of a pregnancy . Today I am celebrating and giving thanks for our little growing peanut – who is quite the active little guy.
When I was pregnant with Eli, I had James take a photo of my very large baby bump. The other day I was thinking about this photo and decided baby Kanka #2 needed one too. Now if only choosing a name were as easy….
The first photo is me pregnant with Eli at 37 weeks pregnant.
Okay maybe not a bazillion – but definitely a lot! But first what we’ve been up to:
- We closed and moved into our first home -yay!!! (No pics yet – just visualize a charming 1950s fixer-upper)
- I caught a virus and was sick for 4 weeks. I injured/fractured a rib in the process. It was truly awful, I would not wish the experience on anyone- ever.
- My dad came to visit, helped us move, and worked on the house with James
- I suddenly began to get better after a month of feeling like a horrible useless blob – just in time for halloween!
- My mom came to visit and help with Eli so James and I could get more home projects done
- James’ parents came to visit and brought some of our things from Virginia- including a sweet little camper
- My belly is getting larger by the day and baby boy seems to be doing well. I’m somewhere between 31 and 32 weeks. Random people have started making all kinds of interesting comments on how I look like I could “pop” any day – oh the joy of unsolicited comments….
- I’ve killed way too many spiders/bugs and raked way too many leaves to count…
- We’re slowly starting to make our home feel more settled – only a few more boxes to unpack…
There was a hay maze for the kids – he was too fast to catch. And too excited to stop for a picture – these were the the best we could get. Can’t blame him – it did look pretty fun!
“Every good and perfect gift is from above…” – James 1:17 (NIV)
Today we got to see our baby – it was amazing! You all may be wondering why I’ve waited so long to post our news? While we’ve been overjoyed to tears from the start of this pregnancy - I honestly felt a little timid to post about it given my previous pregnancy losses. So we decided to wait until after our 20 week ultrasound to officially announce the baby. While we don’t have a name for this precious child yet, we already love him dearly. Eli is thrilled to become a big brother and can’t wait to meet him. Eli was especially exited about the idea of sharing a room with his brother and wanted to immediately “teach him to make toot noises with his mouth!” Love it!
A few weeks ago (yes my belly is even bigger now!) we headed out to the Carnton Plantation here in Franklin, TN to snap a few photos. It is gorgeous out there -especially in the warm evening glow. Check it out!