Okay maybe not a bazillion – but definitely a lot! But first what we’ve been up to:
- We closed and moved into our first home -yay!!! (No pics yet – just visualize a charming 1950s fixer-upper)
- I caught a virus and was sick for 4 weeks. I injured/fractured a rib in the process. It was truly awful, I would not wish the experience on anyone- ever.
- My dad came to visit, helped us move, and worked on the house with James
- I suddenly began to get better after a month of feeling like a horrible useless blob – just in time for halloween!
- My mom came to visit and help with Eli so James and I could get more home projects done
- James’ parents came to visit and brought some of our things from Virginia- including a sweet little camper
- My belly is getting larger by the day and baby boy seems to be doing well. I’m somewhere between 31 and 32 weeks. Random people have started making all kinds of interesting comments on how I look like I could “pop” any day – oh the joy of unsolicited comments….
- I’ve killed way too many spiders/bugs and raked way too many leaves to count…
- We’re slowly starting to make our home feel more settled – only a few more boxes to unpack…
As I type this I’m looking around our house and thinking of all the unfinished projects left to do – of all the things I want to get done before the baby comes knowing it probably won’t be. But, I’m also thinking about all that we have right now, all the people we love and all we’ve been blessed with – and my heart is so full. I’m thankful for all our blessings!!!
And if your eyes have glazed over reading my bulleted list – below are the absurd amount of photos that have accumulated over the past few months. And yes, yes they are mostly of Eli
While my dad was here we managed to get out to the zoo for one day of non-house project fun.
The below pic is probably one of the only pics you’ll see of me from my sick days – I’m sure I coughed up a lung right after this photo was taken.
We have a TON of trees in our new yard – which means LOTS of leaves – and lots of FUN for Eli
The weekend before halloween I was finally beginning to feel better and we headed out to the pumpkin patch for an afternoon of fall fun.
These pics and his expressions crack me up! They had a tiny play village and he couldn’t get enough of it – he could have played here all day!
Yes, the pretend outhouse was he favorite part….
There was a hay maze for the kids – he was too fast to catch. And too excited to stop for a picture – these were the the best we could get. Can’t blame him – it did look pretty fun!
Below is proof that my child is like everyone else’s – he didn’t want to take a picture with me
Of course he’s all smiles for daddy though
Eli had so much fun at the pumpkin patch and it made my heart so happy watching him dance with joy – running around checking out all the things to do at the pumpkin patch. By the end of the day we had clearly worn him out and yet he did not want to leave – nor take any more photos.
Cutting the pumpkin was quite exciting too – Eli was thrilled to use the pumpkin carving tools. He wasn’t so thrilled at the pumpkin guts though….
Halloween day we had awful weather. Lucky for us most of the surrounding communities rescheduled trick-or-treat for the next evening. Eli and one of his best buds Anna went trick-or-treating together. It was a beautiful and fun evening! Eli was a fireman and Anna a dalmatian – they made the most adorable pair!
The next weekend we had a fun fall get together with our small church group – the weather was crisp and lovely. We took a bunch of pictures and had fun just hanging out with each other in the park. (I forgot to ask if I could post pics of the rest of the group so I’ll only share a couple of us at the park.)
Thanks to our friend Elisa, we were able to get a pic of all 3 (4) of us
The next set of pics are from my mom’s visit. And yes, I force all my guests into a photo shoot if the weather and sun are just right
I’m loving all the smiles in these photos – Eli had a blast in the leaves with Grammy!